The swim cap may not be the most fashionable accessory, but when you're working out in the pool, it keeps your hair out of your face and reduces your resistance in the water. Swim caps are mostly one-size-fits-all, but caps do come in different sizes. The cap can be made of various materials, such as silicone or latex. In any case, you can put on your cap using the same basic technique. Practice putting your cap on at home, so you can put it on quickly the next time you're at the pool.
Put your hair up into a bun or pony tail if you have long hair. You'll want to keep your hair together and under control.
Unfold the cap and pull it open.
Hold the swim cap with your hands on either side of the cap. Place the front of the inside of the swim cap against your forehead while pulling it back, stretching it over your hair and covering the tops of your ears.
Tuck any loose strands of hair up, under the cap.
- You can help someone put a swim cap on by having him hold the front of the cap against his forehead and stretching it over his head for him.
- Al Bello/Getty Images Sport/Getty Images
- How to Dive With Swim Googles
- How to Stretch Head Muscles to Relieve Tightness
- How to Get Scratches Off of Snowboarding Goggles
- Stretches for a Sore Shoulder
- Ballet Stomach Strengthening Moves
- How to Do Single Arm Lateral Raises
- How to Stretch Biceps Brachii, Triceps Brachii & Brachialis
- How to Use a Mini Trampoline for Jump Roping