All women want the perfect breast size -- not too big, but not too small. If you're athletic and play a lot of sports, your breast size will be affected. Depending on the size of your breasts, this can either be a good or bad thing. For ladies who want to reduce breast size, keep up with the sports, but if you want to enhance your breasts, focus on other toning exercises.
Women vary in breast size due to the amount of glandular tissue, which is determined by genetics. Ladies who have a greater amount of glandular tissue have bigger breasts than those with less tissue. For those who wish they had more to push up, birth control pills and workouts can help give you some sort of cleavage. Breasts are also partially made up of fat, which is why cardio exercises and sports affect their size.
Sports are a form of cardio exercise that burns a lot of calories. If you're losing weight while playing sports, then your breast size will decrease. When you lose weight, body fat is lost from various areas of your body, including your chest. The amount your breast size reduces all depends on genetics and how much fat your breasts contain. Smaller cup sizes don't have much too lose, while larger cup sizes contain more fat that can be lost.
Enhancing Breast Size
Workouts that target your breasts -- or the pectoral muscles behind them -- help women who are lucky to fill an A cup. One effective workout is a twist to the original pushup. Instead of using just your hands to balance your torso, hold yourself up with a dumbbell in each hand. After each pushup, pull one dumbbell up in a rowing motion. Another great workout for enhancing your breasts is the chest press. Lying down on the floor with a dumbbell in each hand, bring one dumbbell up and back down at a time.
Decreasing Breast Size
For ladies with a heavy top, there are ways to slightly decrease what your genetics gave you. Sports -- including running, soccer, swimming, football and more -- are a form of aerobic exercise that help reduce body fat in your breasts. Alternating between aerobic exercises and anaerobic exercises will also help reduce breast size. Anaerobic exercises help build muscle which then helps burn fat. To work on the muscles around your breasts, focus on exercises that involve your chest, upper arms, pectoral muscles and abdomen.
- Bryan Marcel: Does Exercise Increase Or Reduce A Woman’s Breast Size
- Women's Health Magazine: The Breast-Boosting Circuit
- Cosmetic Surgery Base: How to Reduce Breast Size Naturally with 6 Tips to Make Use of
- Women's Health Issues: 10 Fun Facts About Breasts
- Live Science: What's the Average American Woman's Bust Size?
- Comstock Images/Comstock/Getty Images
- Does Chest Exercise Make a Woman's Breasts Smaller?
- What Are the Benefits of Chest Butterfly Exercises?
- Do Situps Make Your Stomach Flat?
- Does Pilates Increase Breast Size?
- Exercises to Tone a Female's Large Chest
- What Exercise Machines Build Up Butt Muscles?
- Diet to Help Strengthen Bones & Muscles
- Chest Exercises for Obese Women With Dumbbells