When your inner thighs rub together, it's an indicator of fat adductors that cannot be ignored. Reducing fat in the adductor area, which is made of five inner-thigh muscles, is not an easy task. When the adductors contract, your inner thighs move closer together. For many women, this area is the first location to store fat and the last to lose it, but toning adductors is possible. With a dedicated workout routine, you'll be on your way to tight inner thighs and saying goodbye to leg-restricting pantyhose.
Select a combination of weight-bearing and non-weight-bearing aerobic activities. Use weight-bearing exercises such as walking, jogging, stair climbing and cross-country skiing to burn fat and strengthen your inner-thigh muscles. Use non-weight-bearing exercises such as cycling and swimming to continue the calorie burn while avoiding overuse injuries.
Do a five minute warm-up at a low intensity to prepare you for the workout.
Increase the speed of your exercise to a level that leaves you slightly breathless, but still able to talk. Remain at this pace for at least 20 to 30 minutes and gradually increase your workout time to 60 minutes. Do this steady-state workout five to seven days a week.
Once your fitness level improves, use high-intensity interval training to burn more calories and fat from the adductors. After your warm-up, increase your pace as fast as you can for one minute. Then slow your pace and catch your breath as you recover for two minutes. Repeat the high- to low-intensity intervals for 15 to 20 minutes. Your total workout time, including your warm-up and cool-down, should be 20 to 30 minutes.
Use the HIIT routine one or two days a week. It can be performed with any of your chosen aerobic activities. Cool down at the end of your HIIT or steady-state training with five minutes at a slower pace.
Three days a week, add thigh-strengthening exercises into your routine. Include lunges, squats and side-lunges, to target your adductors and tighten up the inner thighs. Add a day of rest in between strengthening workouts for muscle recovery.
- Consistency is the key when reducing the fat off your adductors. You cannot make your body burn fat just from your inner thighs. With daily workouts, however, you use calories, burn fat and will see changes on your inner thighs. Use weight-bearing cardiovascular activities three or four days a week and use the non-weight-bearing cardiovascular exercises for the other three or four days to provide muscle confusion.
- Pixland/Pixland/Getty Images
- How to Eliminate Thigh Fat
- 5 Minute Workout to Lose Belly Fat at Home
- How to Lose Your Belly Fat Fast With Interval Workouts
- Scissor Kicks for Thigh Toning
- What Is the Difference Between a Leg Lift & a Thigh Lift?
- Foam Roller Exercises for IT Band
- How to Lose Upper Inner Thigh Fat
- Good Workout Routines for Toned Legs