If you work in an office, you are already the queen of multi-tasking. No reason, then, that you can't sneak in an inner-thigh firming workout while you're on that conference call or organizing your inbox. In this fast-paced world, lots of people weave fitness into their workday without missing a beat. Add a couple of these quick trimmers to your daily routine and everyone will wonder, "How does she manage both deadlines and sleek thighs?"
If you have an office with a door you can close, there are two versions of a basic squat that you can do during a call. Just remember to control your breathing -- you don't want the party on the other end to wonder what you're up to! Start in a standing position and lower into a 90-degree squat. You can adjust your chair to a lower height or move it out of the way. Start with 15 reps. Once you're comfortable with a basic squat, move on to a one-legged squat, alternating legs. For this one, you'll want to hold onto the arms of your chair for balance, but use your thigh muscles to raise and lower your body. Start with 10 reps on each side.
Leg extensions can be performed during the day, and are so discreet no one will even know you're working out. Sit on your chair with your hands resting on the seat of the chair for balance. With both feet on the floor, legs at a 90-degree angle, slowly lift one leg until it's straight, tighten your thigh muscles and hold for three to five seconds. Lower your leg back down and repeat with the other leg. Start with eight to 12 reps.
Isometric contractions are the perfect incognito inner-thigh exercise. They can be done while sitting at your desk, standing at the copier or waiting for your boss to show up for a meeting. Focusing on the inner thighs of both legs, contract the muscles as much as you can, hold for five seconds and then relax. Repeat the contractions from 12 to 20 times.
An inner thigh adduction is another highly discreet exercise that can be done while you type, make calls or read emails. While you sit, place an object such as a tennis ball, rolled up towel or sweater between your knees. Make sure you're sitting up straight with your abs tucked in, then squeeze the object with full force. Hold this for a few seconds, then release. For killer thighs, do 20 reps for three sets and then repeat the sets throughout the day.
- These exercises may seem tame, but make sure you start slowly and build your reps over time. If you pack lots of reps into the first day, you may not be able to stand up on the next.
- Safety first! Whenever you're performing a chair exercise, make sure your chair is stable. Most rolling chairs have locking brakes on the wheels, so secure them when doing squats or leg raises. Falling on your butt may hurt your pride as well as your back.
- Stockbyte/Stockbyte/Getty Images
- The Best Isometric Exercises With Resistance Bands
- Kegel Pelvic Muscle Thigh Exerciser Instructions
- Toned Calf & Thighs Exercises at Home for Women
- Core Strength Training for the Office
- Office Stair Climbing Workouts
- Exercises for Shapely Calves
- Resistance Band Leg Exercises While Sitting
- Good Workouts for Thighs & Abs Without Weights