A flat belly is on the fitness shopping list of most women, but you can't target your belly alone. Fat loss occurs throughout the body rather than in just one targeted location, so to lose weight using Wii Fit, you'll need to get a strong cardiovascular workout that works your entire body. Stomach-strengthening exercises can improve the definition in your abs, giving you a washboard stomach.
Cut excess calories from your diet. According to the Mayo Clinic, cutting calories is more likely to result in weight loss than exercising, and combining diet with exercise can maximize your stomach-toning results. Eliminate empty calories from soda, potato chips and other unnecessary snacks first, then focus on low-calorie alternatives to your favorite meals. Nuts and other proteins can help you feel full, while fruits and vegetables can help you get the nutrients you need.
Use the Wii to make your aerobic exercise routine more fun and interactive. You can, for example, take a run through an imaginary island or get an intense boxing workout. To maximize your benefits, you'll need to work out until you're breathing harder and your heart is beating faster. Aim for 20 to 30 minutes of cardio per session at least five days per week as a starting point, then gradually build up to longer sessions. The Mayo Clinic states that many adults need around 300 minutes of cardio per week to lose weight.
Target your stomach muscles with strength-training exercises. Try torso twists, side planks and hula hooping. Remember to keep your abs engaged during all abdominal exercises by tightening your abs and avoiding the use of other muscles to assist your motion. If you have trouble using your abs alone, go to a lower setting or an easier game until you build up enough strength. The Wii allows you to select the number of reps you want to do based on your experience level, but it can also make recommendations based upon your previous work with the Wii Fit. Two to three sets of five to 10 reps of each exercise is generally a good starting point.
- For a cool-down or muscle stretching routine, try the Wii Fit's yoga program.
- Before you begin any fitness routine, consult your doctor, particularly if you have any chronic conditions or a history of injury.
- If any exercise is painful, stop doing it. You might need to build up more strength and flexibility before you can do some exercises.
- Creatas Images/Creatas/Getty Images
- How to Lose Weight at Home With the Ab Roller
- Does Drinking Water Flatten a Flabby Stomach?
- The Difference Between Exercises for Shrinking and Increasing Butt Size
- Cardio & Strength Training Workout Routine
- Is a Mini Stepper Good Enough for Cardio?
- How to Lose Your Belly Fat Fast With Interval Workouts
- Is the Hula Hoop a Good Exercise for Firming & Reducing Your Waist?
- The Perfect Workout Schedule for Arms & Abs