Getting a new bicycle is more involved than looking for one in your favorite color. You need to get the right kind of bike for what you intend to use it for, such as a road bike or a mountain bike. You also need to make sure it’s the right frame size. Going to a bicycle store to try different sizes may take a while and could nix any plans to take advantage of a great buy from the Internet. Do a few measurements and buy the right size bike with confidence no matter where you purchase it.
Remove your shoes and stand straight with your feet only slightly apart.
Have a friend or your significant other measure from the ground next to your heel to the base of your leg at your crotch. Write down your inseam length in centimeters on a piece of paper.
Consult an online bike size calculator and enter your height and inseam length. The calculator will tell you what size frame is ideal for you.
Items you will need
- Measuring tape in centimeters
- Friend or significant other
- Paper and writing utensil
- To convert inches into centimeters, multiply inches by 2.54. For example, if you are 66 inches tall, you would multiply 66 by 2.54, which equals 167.64 centimeters.
- Goodshoot RF/Goodshoot/Getty Images
- Ankle Stretches for Runners
- How to Renew a Cosmetology License
- Gravity & Hip Flexor Stretches
- Stair Steps for Knee Strengthening
- Stretching Your Calf Muscles When Sitting Down
- How to Strengthen the Legs & Ankles for Ballet
- How to Increase Calorie Burn Without Increasing Speed on the Treadmill
- How to Be Measured for a Snowboard