Racquetball goggles are essential for safely playing racquetball, because they protect the eyes from getting directly hit by the ball, which moves at high speeds around the court. Clean your goggles regularly to prevent dust and grime buildup. Proper cleaning methods won't cause scratched goggles, which could lead to visual obstruction when you wear them and thus pose a risk to your safety.
Blow on the goggles to remove dust and debris that can cause scratching during the cleaning process.
Fill a sink or small basin with warm water and a small amount of mild dish soap. Mix the water with your hands to dissolve the soap.
Run warm water over the goggles for a few seconds. Submerge the goggles in the sink or basin. Gently rub the soapy water on your goggles with clean fingers.
Remove the goggles from the water and rinse it with clean warm water. Dry the goggles carefully with a lens cleaning cloth, which won't scratch the lenses.
Items you will need
- Small basin or sink with stopper
- Lens cleaner or mild dish soap
- Lens cleaning cloth
- You can also apply special anti-fog solution to your goggles after cleaning and drying if you experience fogging due to sweat and temperature changes
- Do not use paper towels or other drying towels, which can scratch the lenses. Only use a cleaning cloth designed for glasses, lenses or computer screens.
- Jupiterimages/Photos.com/Getty Images
- How to Clean Snowboarding Goggles Without Ruining Them With Lens Cleaners
- How to Get Scratches Off of Snowboarding Goggles
- What Are the Safety Precautions for Tennis?
- The Effects of Swimming With Open Eyes
- How to Wear a Hydration Belt
- Ladies Tennis Warmup Exercises
- How to Wear a Snorkel Mask With Glasses
- How to Treat a Leather Jump Rope