Bombshell. Sex symbol. “One who is very attractive.” If you want to be known for your sexy curves, you can build a bombshell body by incorporating cardio workouts and strength training into a total fitness plan that includes a healthy diet. While there’s no picture-perfect version of a bombshell, you can still be one by your own definition if you follow the necessary steps and set to work on your goal.
Start with cardio. To keep or create some bombshell curves, choose workouts that put your legs to work at an incline such as stair-climbing, elliptical training or hill running or walking. These workouts use your glutes more than other cardio exercises and help you maintain your bombshell booty. Start with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s recommended 30 minutes of cardio exercise five times per week and increase that total based on your goals and fitness level.
Add strength training. Make a plan to develop the muscles of your upper body and lower body two times per week with 48 hours between sessions. On upper body days, work your chest, shoulders, upper back, biceps and triceps by doing one exercise of 10 to 12 reps for three sets on each muscle. Do the same number of reps and sets on lower body days, working your quads, hamstrings and calves. While your glutes and hips are technically part of your body’s core, train them on lower body days as they are already involved in many of the exercises.
Train your core. Honed abs are a major part of bombshell bodies, and critical to good posture, which makes you seem poised and assured. Work your midsection two or three times per week. For each session, work your upper and lower abs as well as your obliques and then focus on your lower back. Do exercises of three sets and 25 reps for each section of your abs and then finish with a combination move that involves all three areas (such as medicine ball twists or bicycle crunches). Do the same number of sets and reps for an exercise that works your lower back.
Items you will need
- Cardio equipment
- Don’t shy away from lifting heavy weights. As a woman, you can’t get excessively bulky without using supplements, so feel free to lift as much as you want and enjoy the curves as they come.
- Remember that genetics play a huge role in your body shape. Regardless of how many workouts you do, you may never have the same body as Beyonce or Kim Kardashian. Your goal is to be the healthiest you can be and create your own version of a bombshell with the body you have. Focus on getting the right amount of exercise according to what is healthy and on eating foods that will benefit your body. And always check with your doctor before you start a new diet and exercise plan and incorporate his or her advice into your training routine.
- Photos.com/PhotoObjects.net/Getty Images
- How to Slim Down Your Stomach, Legs and Back
- How to Lose Belly, Hip & Thigh Fat
- Exercises to Burn Fat on the Upper Body for Women
- How to Rebuild Muscle After Wasting Away
- Exercises to Reduce Hips & Stomach
- What Kind of Exercise Is Good for the Stomach but Won't Make You Lose Weight?
- Scissor Kicks for Thigh Toning
- How to Combine Workouts for Chest, Back & Leg