The upper inner thighs are a trouble zone for fat accumulation in many women. Although many quick-fix diets and skin creams promise to help you lose thigh fat in a matter of days or weeks, the results are often temporary, if at all. The healthiest and most natural way to lose unsightly upper-thigh fat is with a regular fitness regimen and a nutritious diet.
Engage in cardiovascular exercise for weight loss. There is no such thing as spot reducing fat from one area of the body; however, cardio will help you lose weight all over the body including the upper inner thighs. The NHS recommends you engage in three to five cardio sessions per week for approximately 150 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise or 75 minutes of vigorous exercise. Aim to do three to five sessions of brisk walking, running, swimming or biking per week lasting 30 to 60 minutes in duration.
Tone the inner thighs with lower-body strength-training exercises. Exercises that target the inner thighs include side-lying leg lifts, wide-stance squats, bridging and ball-squats. Do a strength-training routine three times per week and complete 10 to 15 repetitions of each exercise for a total of three sets.
Eat a healthy diet to aid in weight loss all over the body. Weight loss occurs when you take in fewer calories than you burn off. Focus on vegetables, fruits, lean proteins and healthy fats, and aim to eat three meals with one to two snacks per day. Avoid foods that are high in saturated fats and sugar, as this can increase fat stores in the body, which leads to unsightly fat and cellulite on the upper thighs.
- Consult with a medical professional prior to engaging in a new exercise or dietary regimen that could affect your health.
- Pixland/Pixland/Getty Images
- How to Lose Lower Belly Fat Fast Without Doing Crunches
- How to Lose Weight in the Chest & Neck
- How to Reduce Body Fat & Increase Endurance
- Rock Bottom Front Squat
- How to Stretch the Arch of the Foot for Pronation
- How to Do Situps Without Anchoring Your Feet
- How to Eliminate Thigh Fat
- One-Month Workout Plan for Women