If flabby arms that wiggle when you wave have you hiding behind long-sleeve shirts, then it's time to shed the fat and tone those muscles. A combo of heart-pumping aerobic exercise and arm-toning strength-training moves can help you get rid of wobbly underarm fat. Add a reduced-calorie diet to shed excess weight and you'll soon have arms you're proud to show off.
Get yourself in gear with at least 300 minutes of aerobic exercise per week. Work your muscles while you shed fat by doing heart-pumping exercises that engage your arms, such as rowing, playing tennis or using an elliptical.
Boost your calorie burn to lose underarm flab and excess weight all over by doing interval training during two to three of your workouts. Pick up your pace for 30 to 60 seconds following every four to five minutes of your regular pace.
Sculpt and tone your underarm area -- the triceps muscles-- as well as your biceps and chest with dumbbell presses. Lie on your back while holding a dumbbell in each hand. Bring the dumbbells close to your chest. Push the dumbbells up, straight over your chest until your arms are almost straight. Lower with control, using your arm muscles to control the movement. Do 12 to 24 dumbbell presses, three times weekly.
Do triceps kickbacks with dumbbells to tone and tighten your underarm muscles. Stand with your feet hip-width apart, while holding a dumbbell in each hand. Bend forward at the waist approximately 45 degrees. Bend your arms at a 90-degree angle, while pointing your elbows behind you. Extend your arms back to straighten them before bringing them forward again. Repeat 12 to 24 triceps kickbacks, three times weekly.
Perform triangle pushups to tone and define flabby arms. Get into your regular pushup position, whether you do regular pushups or modified pushups. Position your arms with your hands meeting beneath the center of your chest and your middle fingers facing inward and touching. Do 12 to 24 triangle pushups, three times weekly.
Items you will need
- Check with your family doctor before you begin a weight-loss or exercise plan.
- Let your arm muscles rest for a day between strength-training workouts so they can recover.
- Stockbyte/Stockbyte/Getty Images
- How to Target Your Armpits With Dumbbells
- Arm Exercises With Dumbbells for Women
- Exercises With Light Weight Dumbbells
- How to Lose Arm Fat With Resistance Bands
- 3 Lb Weight Arm Exercises
- Good Upper Body Dumbbell Workout for Beginners
- Exercises to Target the Armpit Area Behind the Arms
- Slimmer Arms Workout With 5lb. Dumbbells