At first glance, a twist board may seem scary or intimidating. It looks like a small disk with grippers on the top and makes many people think “what would I do with that?” Yet, a twist board is inexpensive, easy to use and can spice up your normal workout routine. If you use it correctly, you can work your core, thighs, hips and calves.
Do the basic twist. Stand with both feet on the twist board. Bend your knees slightly. Hold your arms at your sides with the elbows bent at 90-degree angles. Twist your upper body to the right as you twist your lower body to the left. Twist your upper body to the left and your lower body to the right. Continue in this twisting motion for 20 minutes. For some variations, hold your arms up parallel with the floor, or straight up toward the ceiling. Put on ankle or wrist weights for more resistance during the workout.
Add bicep curls to the twist. Place a resistance band underneath the twist board. Step onto the twist board and hold one side of the resistance band in each hand. As you twist, pull the resistance band up, touching your hand to your shoulder while bending your elbow. Continue doing this for 10 minutes.
Hold a weight ball with both hands directly in front of you with your elbows bent. Step onto the twist board. Bend your knees slightly. Continue in the twist motion for 10 minutes.
Items you will need
- Twist board
- Ankle or wrist weights
- Resistance band
- Weight ball
- Talk to your doctor before beginning any exercises.
- Jupiterimages/Comstock/Getty Images
- Step-by-Step Instructions for Butt & Ab Exercises With No Equipment
- Russian Twists to Work Out Your Obliques
- How to Make Your Butt Bigger & Stay Skinny at the Same Time
- How to Renew a Cosmetology License
- Side Lying Quad Stretch
- How to Use a Body Shaping Ab Roller
- How to Tighten Your Stomach and Sides
- How to Do Balimo Exercises