Oh, the exercise myth still prevails! Many women still think that working out certain body parts will trim and burn the fat from that area like melting butter, particularly in the inner thighs. However, your body taps into every part to use fat for energy, no matter which part you're working on. Training with a stability ball is a quick and economic way to firm your inner thighs and your entire body at once, helping you burn more calories than training one muscle group at a time. Take a deep breath and start your training.
Set a stability ball against a wall, and put your lower back against it. Place your feet about hip-distance apart with your feet pointing forward.
Put a yoga block between your knees to keep the distance between your knees about 1 foot apart. Inhale as you squat down as low as you can while keeping your torso upright. Keep your hands by your sides or on your hips.
Exhale as you stand straight up without hunching your shoulders, squeezing your knees against the yoga block. Perform two to three sets of 10 to 12 reps.
V-Up With Ball
Lie on the floor on your back with your hands holding a stability ball over the crown of your head. Your legs should be slightly apart.
Exhale as you sit up and lift your legs off the floor at the same time. Bring the ball toward the space between your shins or your ankles. Transfer the ball from your hands to your legs or feet, depending on your flexibility.
Inhale as you lower your body and your limbs back to the starting position. Squeeze the ball with your legs as you move.
Exhale as you sit up and bring your legs off the floor. Grab the stability ball with both hands and lower your body and limbs to the floor. Perform two to three sets of 10 to 12 reps.
Lie on the floor on your back, and put both feet and calves on top of a stability ball. Put your arms near your sides with your palms facing up.
Exhale as you raise your buttocks off the floor. Hold this position for one deep breath.
Inhale as you lower your buttocks to the floor. Perform two to three sets of eight to 10 reps.
Items you will need
- Yoga block
- Isolating your inner thighs to train won't melt the fat from that area since your body burns fat throughout your body. Your inner thigh muscles always work with other hip and leg muscles to perform various tasks, such as flexing and extending your leg when you run, kicking a ball across your body's midline and rotating your hip joints when you dance salsa. Not only will you burn more calories doing these activities, you'll have much more fun than doing side leg lifts or using the adductor machine at the gym.
- Never exercise if you have pain. Check with your health care provider before starting or continuing any exercise program.
- IT Stock/Polka Dot/Getty Images
- How to Use a Yoga Ball for Toning the Legs & Glutes
- How to Use a Pilates Ring to Lift the Buttocks & Get Bigger Hips
- The Best Core Strengthening Exercises With a Fitness Ball
- Exercise That Makes Buns & Thighs Bigger
- Strengthening the Hamstring & Quadriceps With Lunges & Squats
- Healthy Butt Firming Exercises and Side Lunge Butt Exercises
- Progressive Squat Exercises
- Yoga for the Stomach & Butt