If you’ve always thought you might like to practice medicine but the idea of 10 or more years of education is scary or out of the range of your wallet, you might want to look into a career as a physician assistant, or PA. You will have less responsibility, but a PA also has her doctor right there for advice and backup, while a physician is one of those the-buck-stops-here professions, with major responsibility in the arena of life and death.
Education and Duties
Average Salary and Job Outlook
Industry and Wages
2016 Salary Information for Physician Assistants
- American Academy of Physician Assistants: What is a PA?
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics: Physician Assistants
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics: Occupational Employment and Wages, May 2011 29-1071 Physician Assistants
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics: Occupational Outlook Handbook: Physician Assistants
- Career Trend: Physician Assistants
- Stockbyte/Stockbyte/Getty Images