You can earn over $53.21 per hour as a physical therapist if you are among the top 10 percent in earnings, according to May 2011 data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. But you better have the necessary compassion, attention for detail and physical stamina required of this profession. Your duties would include assessing patients' injuries or ailments and then designing therapeutic and exercise programs for them.
Average Hourly Wages & Benefits
Hourly Wages by Industry
Hourly Wages by State
Education & Training
2016 Salary Information for Physical Therapists
- Bureau of Labor Statistics: Occupational Outlook Handbook: Physical Therapists
- Bureau of Labor Statistics: Occupational Employment Statistics: Physical Therapists
- U.S. News & World Report: University Directory: Physical Therapists Job Description, Training, Salary Information and Career Video
- StateUniversity.com: Physical Therapist Job Description, Career as a Physical Therapist, Salary, Employment - Definition and Nature of the Work, Education and Training Requirements, Getting the Job
- CareerPlanner.com: Physical Therapist
- American Physical Therapy Association: Who Are Physical Therapists?
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics: Occupational Outlook Handbook: Physical Therapists
- Career Trend: Physical Therapists
- Jupiterimages/Creatas/Getty Images