Along with diet, exercise is the best way to get rid of an unwanted belly and those love handles you hate. Trimming your waistline to get that slim, Coke bottle figure can be achieved with a combination of cardio and core building exercises. Doing an adequate amount of cardio will help you shed that extra layer of fat that's hiding the slender shape you're after, while doing core exercises will tone the abs and obliques to carve out that little waistline.
Stretch your legs and other muscles thoroughly before you begin and wear supportive running shoes to avoid injury.
Engage in 20 to 30 minutes of cardio or aerobic exercise three to five times a weak to burn calories and shed extra body fat. Adjust the type of exercise, duration or frequency of exercise as your fitness improves.
Drink plenty of water when engaging in aerobic activity to avoid dehydration or overheating.
Engage in a variety of exercises that focus on the abdominal muscles to get a flat stomach, such as sit ups, crunches, cross crunches and planks.
Engage in one or more of these abdominal exercises for 15 to 20 minutes up to five times a week.
Place an exercise or yoga mat on the floor to cushion your body while doing exercises that require you to lay on the floor .
Increase the duration or frequency of these ab exercises to shed more calories or get extra definition in your abdominal muscles.
Engage in a variety of exercises that focus on the obliques to trim the sides of your waist, such as jumping oblique twists, Russian twists, side bends and side bridges.
Perform one or more of these oblique exercises for 15 to 20 minutes a day, up to five days a week. Increase the amount or duration as you get stronger.
Choose a variety of exercises and do not stick to any one exercise for more than a couple of days in a row; this will prevent you from getting bored with your workout and help with muscle confusion so that you can continue to see progress.
Items you will need
- Supportive running shoes
- Exercise or yoga mat
- Always stretch and warm up properly before you begin a workout.
- Drink plenty of water and take breaks as needed.
- Stretch your ab muscles after you workout as well to help with muscle tension and soreness.
- Always consult your physician before starting a new exercise routine.
- Jupiterimages/Comstock/Getty Images
- How to Lose Upper Inner Thigh Fat
- How to Get Your Maximum Heart Rate for Swimming
- Ways to Getting a Flat Stomach Without Exercise
- How to Exercise the Gracilis
- How to Slow Down Your Metabolism & Gain Weight
- Tips on Tightening Up Your Stomach
- How to Take Breaks During Ab Exercises
- How to Lose Weight at Home With the Ab Roller