If you’ve recently tried a wobble board or exercise ball workout, you may have realized that your balance is lacking. You can put those embarrassing days behind you by building up your balance with heel-toe exercises. Heel-toe exercises are good beginning balance exercises that will help you to build enough balance to move onto a bigger challenge, like a wobble board. You can do these exercises as often as you like to build your balance.
Heel to Toe Walk
Stand up straight with your arms out to your sides to help you balance. If you do not feel confident with your balance, stand close to a wall.
Place the heel of your right foot just in front of the toes of your left foot. Focus on an object in the room that is not moving and that is in front of you to help keep your balance.
Move your left foot so the heel of your left foot is just in front of the toes of your right foot.
Repeat this movement for 20 steps.
Stand with the heel of your right foot touching the toes of your left foot. Focus on an object in front of you to help maintain your balance. Tighten your glutes, core and quads. Extend your arms out to your sides if you need additional help to balance.
Hold this position for 30 seconds.
Repeat with your left foot in front of your right foot.
- For another balance builder, try standing on one foot for as long as you can; repeat, standing on the other foot.
- Jupiterimages/Goodshoot/Getty Images
- How to Wear a Hydration Belt
- How to Do a Squat With a Bar & Weight
- Anterior Deltoid Stretches
- What Muscles Do You Feel Stretching When Performing a Butterfly Stretch?
- Pilates Boxing Exercises
- How to Do Seated Calf Raises Using the Barbell
- Exercises to Get Abs Like a Model
- Stretching Your Calf Muscles When Sitting Down