As you flip, or click, through the pages of a magazine, it’s hard not to notice the perfectly chiseled abs of the models. No, it’s not all airbrushing. Models have a very strict diet and consistent workout routine. By imitating their abs exercises, you may be surprised at the results. However, aim for three sets at a minimum of three times a week if you really want to see results.
Swiss Ball Jackknife
Start with your hands on the floor directly under your elbows in the plank position. Place the top of your shins and the top of your feet on an exercise ball. Straighten your arms. Your body should be in a straight line. Keep your abs contracted.
Bend your knees and pull your legs in toward you. Do not raise your hips. Keep your upper body still.
Repeat 10 times.
Lie on a mat on your back with your arms at your sides on the floor.
Lift your feet about 2 feet off of the ground. Keep your legs straight. At the same time, lift your upper body off of the mat, forming a wide V with your body.
Hold the position for 20 seconds. Repeat five times.
Seated Medicine Ball Trunk Rotations
Sit on the floor with your legs extended in front of you. Bend your knees slightly. Hold a medicine ball with both hands in front of you. Keep your elbows bent.
Twist your torso to the right side. Return to the center.
Turn your torso to the left side. Return to the center. Repeat 10 times.
Items you will need
- Medicine ball
- Swiss ball
- Cut down on your calories and include cardio in your exercise routine to eliminate excess fat.
- Talk to your doctor before starting any new exercise routine.
- Jupiterimages/Comstock/Getty Images
- How to Work Out for a Flat, but Not Ripped Stomach
- Exercises That Help Flatten the Belly & Firm the Booty
- How to Do Chair Leg Raises, Planks, and Oblique Crunches
- Exercises to Remove Back Folds in Women
- Fitball Pilates Exercises
- Realistic Abdominal Exercises
- How to Turn a Flat Belly Into a Toned Belly
- The Best Exercise for Firm Chest Muscles