Saggy jeans are not very attractive, especially when the sag is in the rear end. Yet, when you lose weight, that means you lose it everywhere, not just in the desired spots. Does that mean that when you exercise, you have to say bye-bye to your cute butt? Not necessarily. By focusing on exercises that tone the butt, you can exercise and still get a shapely butt rather than one that is … well, pretty much non-existent. The only difference is that instead of filling your jeans with a fat butt, you’ll be filling it with a strong, toned muscle.
Lie on your back on an exercise mat. Place your arms along your sides. Bend your knees 90 degrees and lift your legs up into the air so that your calves are parallel with the floor.
Lower your left leg and tap your left toes on the floor. Lift your left leg back up.
Lower your right leg and tap your right toes on the floor. Lift your right leg back up. Repeat 15 times.
Stand with your legs in a wide V-stance. Relax your arms at your sides.
Lower yourself down into a squat as far as you can. Do not let your knees go past your toes. Lift your arms up and out in front of you so that they are parallel with the floor. Hold the position for two seconds.
Stand back up. Repeat 20 times.
Get into a push-up position with your hands flat on the floor and your body in a straight line.
Shift your weight to your right foot and lift your left foot off of the floor. Bend your left knee and bring it up toward your stomach. Move your left knee out to your side so that your leg is parallel with the floor.
Return to the starting position. Repeat 15 times with each leg.
Place your hands and knees flat on the floor. Tighten your abs and flatten your back.
Lift your right arm and left leg into the air so that they are parallel with the floor. Lower your arm and leg back to the starting position.
Lift your left arm and your right leg into the air so that they are parallel with the floor. Lower your arm and leg back down. Repeat 15 times.
- Talk to your doctor before starting any new exercises is you are new to exercise or have a health condition.
- Photodisc/Photodisc/Getty Images
- How to Slim the Calves Using Pilates
- How to Tighten & Grow Your Buttocks & Legs
- Abdominal Exercise While Sitting
- How to Make Your Butt Bigger & Stay Skinny at the Same Time
- Hamstring-Strengthening Exercises
- Lunge Exercises to Open Up Hips & Relieve Backaches
- Exercises for Firming the Front of the Knee
- How to Get Rid of a Fat Pad on Top of the Butt