If you want to improve your cleavage and make your breasts perkier, it’s time to start working that chest according to Morph & Thro fitness model Lauren Pappas. Chest exercises will also make you stronger for everyday activities and will help you to burn more calories. While there are many chest exercises out there, the bench press is considered to be the best chest exercise according to the American Council on Exercise, since it also works the arms, shoulders, abs and butt muscles. Aim for three sets at least three times per week to see results.
Warm up by walking or jogging for 10 minutes.
Lie on your back on an exercise bench with your legs bent and your feet flat on the floor. Hold a dumbbell in your left hand. Straighten your left arm and lift the dumbbell straight up over your chest with your palm facing the wall in front of you. Bend your right arm and put your right hand on your stomach.
Bend your left elbow and lower the dumbbell until it reaches the level of your chest.
Lift the dumbbell back up, straightening your arm. Repeat 10 times on both arms.
Cool down by walking or jogging for 10 minutes.
Stretch your chest. Stand in front of a doorway. Bend your left arm 90 degrees and lift it up so that your upper arm is parallel with the floor. Place your left forearm against the wall. Turn your body to the right until you feel a stretch in your chest. Hold for 20 seconds. Repeat on the other arm.
Items you will need
- A barbell may also be used to perform this exercise; place your hands slightly wider than shoulder-width apart and perform the exercise normally, lifting and lowering both arms at the same time, rather than one arm at a time.
- If you feel pain while stretching, stop.
- Women's Health: The Best Chest Exercise for Women
- ExRx.net: Doorway Chest Stretch
- ExRx.net: Barbell Bench Press
- Cosmopolitan: The Top 5 Breast Exercises for Perky, Kate Upton-y Boobs
- ACE: ACE-Sponsored Research: Top 3 Most Effective Chest Exercises
- Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research: Effects of Variations of the Bench Press Exercise on the EMG Activity of Five Shoulder Muscles
- Pixland/Pixland/Getty Images
- Pullover Exercises for the Lower Chest
- Gravity & Hip Flexor Stretches
- How to Target Your Armpits With Dumbbells
- Side Lying Quad Stretch
- How to Get a Bigger Butt With a High Metabolism
- Abdominal Exercise While Sitting
- How to Stretch Sore Arms After Disc Golf
- How to Exercise Without Flattening the Butt