Drinking a cup of bouillon before your main dish can help you whittle your waistline, according to a study published in the November 2007 issue of "Appetite." Researchers from the study reported that test subjects reduced food intake by 20 percent when they consumed soup 15 minutes before eating a meal. The study also reports that the type of soup made no difference, so a warm cup of bouillon broth will do the trick.
Select a flavor of bouillon that will satisfy your taste buds. Try to find a low-sodium bouillon so you don't eat excess salt.
Prepare your bouillon 20 to 30 minutes before you plan to eat your meal. The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics states that it takes a solid 20 minutes for your brain to fully register that you are full.
Place your bouillon cube in the bottom of a soup or coffee mug.
Bring 1-cup of water to a boil and pour it immediately over the bouillon cube. Stir it with spoon until the cube is dissolved.
Sip slowly and enjoy.
Items you will need
- Hot water
- Soup mug
- Add spices of your choice to make the bouillon more palatable.
- Let bouillon cool slightly before drinking to prevent serious burns.
- John Foxx/Stockbyte/Getty Images
- How to Brew Hibiscus Tea for Maximum Health Benefits
- Rope Pulldown Exercises to Build the Serratus Muscles
- How to Eat Peanut Butter to Gain Weight
- How to Clean Racquetball Goggles
- How to Juice Pineapple Skin
- How to Add Electrolytes to Water
- Stretches for Upper Back Shoulder Tension
- How to Delay Hunger