District attorneys play a vital role in the legal system. They represent the citizens of their district, trying cases against criminals and developing outreach and prevention programs. To make it to the top of the district attorney's office, women can expect to put in long hours handling routine duties early in their careers.
2016 Salary Information for Lawyers
- Pueblo County (Colorado) Government: What Does the District Attorney Do?
- Lehigh County, Pennsylvania: District Attorney
- Pace Law School: Career Guide to District Attorneys’ Offices, 2012-2013
- The New York County District Attorney’s Office: What Is the Function of the District Attorney?
- Denver District Attorney: Prosecution Units
- Middlesex (Massachusetts) District Attorney: Middlesex District Attorney Office's Intervention & Prevention Programs and Initiatives
- State of Oklahoma District Attorneys Council: Training for Victim Advocates & Law Enforcement, and Grant Opportunities
- Colorado State University Student Legal Services: Plea Bargaining Misdemeanors
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics: How to Become a Lawyer
- The District of Columbia Bar: How to Become a Prosecutor
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics: Occupational Outlook Handbook: Lawyers
- Career Trend: Lawyers
- Comstock/Comstock/Getty Images