The perception that Brazillian women all have perfectly toned and bronzed bodies may or may not be true, but if the fast beats of Brazilian music inspire you to move, take a cue from Brazilian Leandro Carvalho's New York exercise class and try some ab-targeting exercises to tone, tighten and flatten your own abs, along with mixing up your current workout routine. Do these exercises at least three times per week to see results.
Sit down on a mat. Put your feet flat on the floor. Extend your arms out toward the wall in front of you.
Lower your upper body toward the floor slowly until your lower back touches the mat. Sit back up.
Repeat 15 times. Repeat the same motion again, but this time stopping at your shoulders before sitting back up.
Lie on a mat on your back. Bend your knees and place your feet flat on the mat. Hold a dumbbell in each hand.
Lift your legs off the floor and bend your knees so that your calves are parallel with the floor. Raise your neck off of the floor.
Bring your right hand past your left thigh, engaging your abs. Return your right arm to your side.
Bring your left hand past your right thigh, engaging your abs. Return your left arm to your side.
Repeat 20 times.
Lie on a mat on your back with your knees bent and legs in the air. Your calves should be parallel with the floor.
Lift your hips off of the floor, bringing your knees up over your head until your weight is on your shoulder blades. Roll your upper body back onto the mat, but stopping before you reach your behind.
Repeat 20 times.
Items you will need
- Talk to your doctor before starting any new exercise program.
- Jupiterimages/liquidlibrary/Getty Images
- Combining Jogging & Yoga
- Ballet Bar Isometric Exercises
- Easy Ab Workouts for Women to Lose Weight
- How to Keep the Hour Glass Shape While Toning the Legs
- How to Work Out for a Flat, but Not Ripped Stomach
- Ankle Weight Exercises to Slim Your Inner Thighs
- Step-by-Step Instructions for Butt & Ab Exercises With No Equipment
- Does Working Out Give You a Belly Bulge?