Slimming the inner thighs, or hip adductors, can be a challenge to many women. However, you can increase the effectiveness of your workouts by adding ankle weights when doing your isolations exercises for the inner thighs. Start with 2-lb. weights to avoid injuring your knees. For optimal results, keep your core engaged and use the inner thigh muscles to do all the work.
Side-Lying Adductor Leg Lifts
Lie on your left side. Support your weight on your elbow and wrist, and keep your head aligned with your back. Bend the right leg over in front of the left, and place your right foot on the ground. Keeping your left leg straight, lift it up and down for 10 to 12 reps. Do three sets, and then repeat the exercise on your right side.
Straight Leg Extensions
Lie on your back with your arms to your side, right leg bent and left leg straight and raised with your toes pointed toward the ceiling. Make sure to engage your core. Extend your left leg out to the side and back up, using the inner thigh muscle to bring your leg back up for 10 to 12 reps. Do three sets, and then repeat the exercise with your right leg.
Side Lunge Leg Lifts
In standing position, squat keeping your back straight and extending your left leg out to your side with your toes facing forward. You do not need to be in a deep squat for this exercise. Maintain the squat with your right leg while lifting your left leg up and down in small pulse motions for 10 to 12 reps. Do three sets, come back to a standing position, and then squat, extending the right leg, and repeat the exercise.
Bent Knee Leg Lifts
Position your body on all fours, with your hands aligned with your shoulders and your knees aligned with your hips. Keeping your hips squared and your left knee bent, lift your left leg out to the side and back down for 10 to 12 reps. Do three sets, and then repeat the leg lifts with your right leg.
- Exercise Standards & Guidelines Reference Manual; AFAA
- Age-Defying Fitness; Marilyn Moffat and Carole Lewis
- Stockbyte/Valueline/Getty Images
- How to Do Chair Leg Raises, Planks, and Oblique Crunches
- How to Stretch From Head to Toe
- Abdominal Strengthening Exercises That Are Easy on the Back
- How to Make Your Butt Bigger & Stay Skinny at the Same Time
- Fitness Machines That Work the Inner & Outer Thighs
- Toning Exercises for the Bra Bulge
- How to Eliminate Thigh Fat
- Quadratus Lumborum Muscle Stretches