If you feel like you’re carrying a pillow around attached to your butt, you’re not alone. Many women have excess fat hanging around in the butt region. Unfortunately, you cannot spot reduce, eliminating fat just where you would like. However, with a diet and cardio plan, you can get rid of fat all over your body, including that fatty pad on top of your butt. And by toning your butt, once the fat is gone, you’ll reveal a tight and toned derriere.
Reduce your diet by 500 calories each day to lose 1 pound per week. Eliminate empty calories such as sodas and chips. Eat lean meats, vegetables and fruit.
Run, jump, glide, dance, bike, swim or jog at least 30 to 60 minutes every day, for a total of 200 minutes per week of moderate cardio.
Place your hands and knees flat on the floor. Extend your right leg and left arm upward so they are parallel with the floor. Hold for two seconds. Lower your arm and leg back down. Repeat 15 times on both sides.
Stand up with your feet together. Bend your knees and lower your body into a squat position. Lean forward and lift your right leg off the floor until it's parallel with the floor. Extend both of your arms forward. Return to the squat position. Repeat 12 times, alternating legs.
Lie on your stomach on a stability ball. Walk forward with your hands until the ball is on your hip bones. Lift your legs upward, pressing them together, until they are parallel with the floor. Lower your legs back down. Repeat 15 times.
Stand up with your legs in a wide V position. Bend your right knee and lean to your right, keeping your left leg straight. Stand back up. Bend your left knee and lean to your left, keeping your right leg straight. Repeat 10 times.
Items you will need
- Stability ball
- Talk to your doctor before starting a new fitness or diet program.
- Creatas Images/Creatas/Getty Images
- How to Lose Extra Fat on the Side of the Back and Stomach
- The Benefits of Ready-to-Eat Cereal
- What Are Some Exercises Other Than Running & Walking That Can Get Rid of Stubborn Belly Fat?
- Resistance Training for Lowering the Percentage of Body Fat
- What Are the Benefits of Mini Cucumbers and Grape Tomatoes?
- How to Get Rid of That Last Tiny Roll of Fat