Whether you like to play tennis or not, you would likely appreciate having the toned legs of a tennis player. The good news is that to get legs like a tennis player, you don’t even need to pick up a racket. In fact, many of the necessary exercises can be performed in your own home. So stop being envious, turn off the tennis match, get off of the couch and get your own legs into shape.
Stand with your feet together and your arms at your sides. Hold a dumbbell in each hand.
Bend your elbows and bring the dumbbells to shoulder level. Take a large step forward with your left foot. Bend your left leg 90 degrees. Bend your right leg 90 degrees, keeping your right knee just off of the floor.
Step backward into the starting position. Perform five sets of 10 lunges on each leg.
Stand on a balance board with a dumbbell in each hand. Hold your arms down at your sides.
Squat down toward the ground, bending your legs just past 90 degrees. Keep your abs tight to maintain your balance.
Stand back up. Perform five sets of 10 repetitions.
Stand with your back against the net. Bend your knees slightly.
Swing your arms forward and back and take a large jump forward. Repeat jumping until you reach the baseline.
Jump back and forth across the court five times.
Set up five cones in a straight line, with 3 yards in between each cone. Stand next to the first cone.
Run to the third cone. Stop and quickly run backward to the second cone. Run to the fourth cone. Stop and quickly run backward to the third cone. Run to the fifth cone. Stop and quickly run backward to the fourth cone.
Repeat this drill three times.
Items you will need
- Balance board
- Talk to your doctor before starting any new exercises.
- Polka Dot Images/Polka Dot/Getty Images
- How to Do Incline Situps at Home
- How to Handle Stress During Tennis
- How Can You Tell if Your Muscles Are Toning?
- Ab Workout Where You Raise Your Legs While Twisting Your Torso
- How to Use a Resistance Band to Improve Your Arches
- How to Lose Weight at Home With the Ab Roller
- How to Get a Toned Stomach and Obliques Fast
- Fiber Vs. Protein for a Flat Stomach
- How to Get Strong Enough to Do Ab Wheel Rollouts
- How to Increase Your Chest Size & Keep a Toned Tummy