Whether you like to play tennis or not, you would likely appreciate having the toned legs of a tennis player. The good news is that to get legs like a tennis player, you don’t even need to pick up a racket. In fact, many of the necessary exercises can be performed in your own home. So stop being envious, turn off the tennis match, get off of the couch and get your own legs into shape.
Items you will need
- Balance board
Stand with your feet together and your arms at your sides. Hold a dumbbell in each hand.
Bend your elbows and bring the dumbbells to shoulder level. Take a large step forward with your left foot. Bend your left leg 90 degrees. Bend your right leg 90 degrees, keeping your right knee just off of the floor.
Step backward into the starting position. Perform five sets of 10 lunges on each leg.
Stand on a balance board with a dumbbell in each hand. Hold your arms down at your sides.
Squat down toward the ground, bending your legs just past 90 degrees. Keep your abs tight to maintain your balance.
Stand back up. Perform five sets of 10 repetitions.
Stand with your back against the net. Bend your knees slightly.
Swing your arms forward and back and take a large jump forward. Repeat jumping until you reach the baseline.
Jump back and forth across the court five times.
Set up five cones in a straight line, with 3 yards in between each cone. Stand next to the first cone.
Run to the third cone. Stop and quickly run backward to the second cone. Run to the fourth cone. Stop and quickly run backward to the third cone. Run to the fifth cone. Stop and quickly run backward to the fourth cone.
Repeat this drill three times.
- Talk to your doctor before starting any new exercises.
- Polka Dot Images/Polka Dot/Getty Images
- Tips to Strengthen the Thigh Muscles
- The Benefits of Reverse Lunges
- Strengthening the Hamstrings & Calves
- Jumping Rope for a Bigger Butt
- How to Keep Quad Muscles From Tightening Up During Workouts
- Extreme Weight Loss Workouts
- Exercises to Tone Your Lower Stomach, Butt & Thigh
- Can Incline Treadmill Walking Strengthen Gluteus Muscles?
- The Best Cardio Workout for Belly Fat
- Does Walking on the Tips of Your Toes Strengthen Your Ankle Muscles?