Apple cider vinegar is a natural remedy for many ailments. Because it contains potassium and other essential minerals, vinegar may help you feel less fatigued after a workout. Other natural vinegar uses include preventing indigestion, whitening teeth, relieving diarrhea and stopping hiccups. A more recent trend suggests that drinking apple cider vinegar before meals can reduce appetite and burn fat. However, no scientific research supports these claims. The Mayo Clinic states that while infrequent use of apple cider vinegar is safe, drinking large amounts of vinegar can cause throat irritation.
Items you will need
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup of grapefruit juice or water
- 1 teaspoon of honey (optional)
Use organic apple cider vinegar when you can. Manufactures pasteurize non-organic vinegar, which causes the vinegar to lose much of the nutrient content.
Mix apple cider vinegar into a glass of grapefruit juice or water. Dr. Oz recommends using grapefruit juice because of its high content of vitamin C. Vitamin C, according to Dr. Oz, helps you burn fat faster especially during exercise. However, you can also mix the vinegar into water if you prefer.
Add a teaspoon of honey if the mixture is too tart. This only adds a small amount of calories but doing this will improve the taste.
Drink this vinegar concoction before every meal.
- Don't drink vinegar without diluting in water or juice. It's very acidic and may erode teeth enamel and make your throat sore.
- Keep in mind that successful weight loss involves reducing your caloric intake and exercising daily.
- Consult your physician before starting a new diet. Apple cider vinegar may interact with certain medications, such as diuretics and insulin.
- Photos.com/Photos.com/Getty Images
- ADA & the Amount of Carbohydrates Consumed
- How to Increase Metabolism Rates
- Fat Loss Nutrition Guide
- How to Increase T3 Naturally for Weight Loss
- Are Fruit Smoothies High in Carbohydrates?
- The Recommended Daily Intake of Fat for the Average Woman
- 1,200-Calorie Healthy Eating Plan
- Reasons Why You Get Fat Without Eating Badly
- Information on High Protein in the Morning & Five Small Meals
- Daily Recommended Caloric Intake for Women