Apple cider vinegar is a natural remedy for many ailments. Because it contains potassium and other essential minerals, vinegar may help you feel less fatigued after a workout. Other natural vinegar uses include preventing indigestion, whitening teeth, relieving diarrhea and stopping hiccups. A more recent trend suggests that drinking apple cider vinegar before meals can reduce appetite and burn fat. However, no scientific research supports these claims. The Mayo Clinic states that while infrequent use of apple cider vinegar is safe, drinking large amounts of vinegar can cause throat irritation.
Use organic apple cider vinegar when you can. Manufactures pasteurize non-organic vinegar, which causes the vinegar to lose much of the nutrient content.
Mix apple cider vinegar into a glass of grapefruit juice or water. Dr. Oz recommends using grapefruit juice because of its high content of vitamin C. Vitamin C, according to Dr. Oz, helps you burn fat faster especially during exercise. However, you can also mix the vinegar into water if you prefer.
Add a teaspoon of honey if the mixture is too tart. This only adds a small amount of calories but doing this will improve the taste.
Drink this vinegar concoction before every meal.
Items you will need
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup of grapefruit juice or water
- 1 teaspoon of honey (optional)
- Don't drink vinegar without diluting in water or juice. It's very acidic and may erode teeth enamel and make your throat sore.
- Keep in mind that successful weight loss involves reducing your caloric intake and exercising daily.
- Consult your physician before starting a new diet. Apple cider vinegar may interact with certain medications, such as diuretics and insulin.
- Photos.com/Photos.com/Getty Images
- How to Burn Fat Without Exercise
- Calories Burned for Household Chores
- Foods That May Trigger Belly Fat
- How Much Weight Can You Lose Eating 1,350 Calories a Day?
- Can You Lose Weight Eating Lower Calories but High Sodium?
- How Many Ounces of Water Should One Drink Every Day?
- Are Fruit Smoothies High in Carbohydrates?
- The Recommended Daily Intake of Fat for the Average Woman
- Eating in Moderation to Lose Weight
- 1,200-Calorie Healthy Eating Plan